Tentative timelines with more details to come: Peer Reviewers to respond to the application by the end of February, complete the Peer Review Training in March and review the High School Success Plans the first two weeks of April.
The High School Success Team at the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) is seeking peer reviewers (field readers) to read and review submitted high school success plans.
About the High School Success Plan
Districts and charter schools receiving High School Success funds are required to submit plans for approval by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE). The plan must address a four-year vision (2018-2021) to improve high school engagement and completion and college and career-readiness. In order to improve graduation rates and college and career readiness, districts and charter schools must identify and focus these new resources specifically to support students that current programs are not successfully reaching or impacting.
Qualifications: The High School Success Team is seeking peer reviewers with expertise that is not limited to, but includes:
- PK-12, private/public, teacher or principal
- Community college / university educator
- Charter school teacher or leadership personnel
- Community-based education and/or Alternative Education
- Grant consultation, professional development, technical assistance and resources
- Non-profit administration and operation
- Community / Faith-based organization programs
Requirements: In addition to the expertise highlighted above, peer reviewers will independently read, review, and provide written feedback for plans submitted to the Oregon Department of Education. Expectations for peer reviewers selected are:
- The application review will be conducted electronically from the reviewer's location.
- The reviewer must have access to the internet; have the ability to interact within a web-based environment and access to Chrome and/or Firefox web browsers.
- The reviewer must be able to watch an orientation session by webinar prior to evaluating the applications. Reviewers will have two weeks to independently read, review and provide written feedback on approximately 3-5 plans.
- The reviews will be part of feedback provided to fund recipients.
How to Apply: If you would like to be considered as a peer reviewer for High School Success plans, please complete the Peer Reviewer Application (click on the hyperlink below). If you are on multiple listservs for ODE, you may receive more than one “Call for High School Success Plan Peer Reviewers”. You only need to apply/respond to one call.
Peer Reviewer Application
Peer Reviewer Applications will be reviewed promptly and individuals will receive replies and additional guidance, including instructions and a timeline for Peer Review process. State government employees are not eligible.
More Information: For more information on serving as a peer reviewer contact Mary May at email@example.com.