In this session we will explore how phenomena can be used to anchor science teaching and learning in a culturally responsive science classroom. Participants will experience a phenomena driven task, and understand the role of phenomena in 3-dimensional instruction and assessment.
Presenters: Noelle Gorbett, Science Assessment Specialist at the Oregon Department of Education, and Doug Lownsbury
3 PDUs will be provided upon completion of this workshop.
Paying with a credit or debit card?
Complete the online registration. Click the "Pay online" button. This will take you to PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, just check out as a guest.
Paying by check?
Complete the online registration and click on the "invoice me button." Print the invoice that will be e-mailed to you. Make your check payable to OSTA. Mail the printed invoice with your check to the Conference Registrar at the following address:
Oregon Science Teachers Association
2019 Fall Conference Registration
4110 SE Hawthorne Blvd, #1025
Portland, OR 97214-5246
Will your district be paying?
- Each individual completes the online registration and clicks on the "invoice me" button.
- Print the invoice that will be emailed.
- Submit the invoice(s) to your district for payment prior to the conference.
To districts sending teachers or groups of teachers:
- Gather all invoices from individual registrants.
- Include with your payment each registrant name along with their invoice number.
- Send your payment to OSTA Registrar at the address above.
If you have any questions please contact OSTA's Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: Refund requests must be made in writing and be postmarked or timestamped 14 days before the event. Registration cancellations are subject to a $10 processing fee. Email requests to the registrar at email@example.com. Mailed requests are to be sent to the address above.